Knowing your body type is the #1 most important fashion tip anyone can give you. Once you know your body type, finding an outfit that flatters your figure becomes much easier.
We have all been there, same size clothing yet some things look amazing and others, well not so much. If you don't understand why some things look great and some things don't it can make it hard to find new favorite fashion pieces. Once you learn how to dress for your body type, building your wardrobe becomes simple as can be.
First lets talk about body measurements and how these come into play when finding your body type. The best way to find out your body type is to take these four measurements, Shoulder, chest, waist and hips. The relationship between these numbers will help you find the shape of your frame. So grab a measuring tape and start measuring.
1. Shoulders- Loosely wrap the measuring tape around the broadest part of your shoulders right above your shoulder blades.
2. Chest- wrap the measuring tape around the fullest part of your chest. Do not wrap too snug as to compress.
3. Waist- This is where most find it confusing because generally when talking about the waist we think where our waistband hits. Our actual waist is the most narrow spot of the waist which is usually found above the belly button.
4. Hips- Look for the fullest part of your hips. Wrap the tape below your hip bones, around your hips and butt.
Like we said before knowing your body type is the first step to learning what works and what doesn't for your own styling needs.
Stay tuned for future blog posts where we go into more detail about styling choices for your specific body type.
- Lets keep it simple, start with a solid top that matches with an aspect of the print and draw it in with some knee high boots. Throw a scarf around your neck for the perfect winter outfit.
- Grab a solid over-sized shirt and throw on some low rise sneakers for a comfortable look.
- Show off the whole leggings print by opting to wear ankle boots.
- For a more dressed up look pair your leggings with a long over-sized button up and some heeled ankle boots. Opt in for long sleeves or short/no sleeves depending on the season.
- Tops don’t always have to be solid, if your legging print is minimal grab a graphic T and some flats for a comfortable yet classy look.
- Looking for a sexy and comfortable look? Pair your printed leggings with a cute solid crop top and some heels.
- For a fun comfortable and conservative look wear your leggings under a solid dress and some flats.
- For more comfortable days grab some Ugg style boots and an over-sized sweatshirt.
For more styling tips follow us on FB.
Different prints and designs are in every year and animal prints are always on the top of the trends. The animal print has always been a fashion statement with last years trend being the snake skin and this year the cheetah print is banging for first place.
Did you know back in the 1930's when the original Tarzan was released that the cheetah print trend really came into style. Now its back again with fun and sassy clothing, shoes, accessories and more. It depicts a sense of versatility and sophistication and is a favorite by many women now and in the past.
To show off your trendsetting style grab a pair of cheetah leggings or a nice top. Our favorite pick this year is our Hollowed out cheetah leggings with the lace hole in the knee paired with our black cheetah print backed top. Its the perfect combination to make the perfect outfit!
The best thing about this trend is you can wear the cheetah print anywhere you want and it pairs easily with other items. Designers have even gotten good with modifying the print by giving it different colors and even adding other sun designs such as sunflowers to the mix.
If you are looking to make a fashion statement this year the cheetah print is absolutely the way to go. Check out all our cheetah print items we have to offer this year at L&M Boutique.
What time is it? It’s summertime! And as always L&M is bringing you some of the hottest styles for the season.
Summer 2020 fashion is all about fun, chic, and stylish apparels. It’s about outfits that are simple enough to keep you comfortable, and trendy enough to make you stand out in any crowd. So to upgrade your wardrobe for this summer, below are some sizzling hot styles you definitely need.
Plunging necklines are one of summer 2020’s biggest trends. Not only are they sexy and stylish, they are also super comfortable and non-stifling. For this summer, our cute, mini dresses will definitely give you that chic, fun vibe!
For so many years, blue has been a trendy color for the summer, and this year, it’s back again. So go for blue summer dresses with nice twists like layers and laces. Pair it up with a nice hat and wedge sandals, and you’ll be all set for brunch with the girls.
There’s no better time to fill your wardrobe with floral prints like summertime. Showcase your girly side and opt for floral designs in bright colors like purple and red. Remember, floral prints can be worn for every occasion in summer, from hangouts to picnics and beach outings!
Another hot style this summer is the simple black blouse. This summer staple can either be worn for casual occasions or can be transformed into formal apparel.
Animal print leggings are one summer style you don’t want to miss out on. To upgrade your wardrobe, go for our stylish leopard-print leggings with laces that will enhance your entire look.
Summer is the only season that provides you with the chance to look as stylish as you desire! Head on over to our online store today to find the perfect outfit for the perfect you.